Educational Improvement Tax Credit program (EITC)

Tax credits are available on a first-come, first-served basis for contributions to educational improvement organizations such as CCSA Foundation. Tax credits may be applied against the tax liability of a business for the tax year in which the contribution was made.

Receive a generous tax credit

A business may receive a tax credit equal to 75% of its contribution, up to a maximum of $750,000 per taxable year. A business that agrees to make a contribution to CCSA Foundation for two consecutive years may receive a tax credit equal to 90% of its contribution.

In effect, it costs businesses a dime to give a dollar.

What is the bottom line for your business?

Businesses participating in the EITC program receive a state tax credit of up to 90% on the amount they donate to CCSA Foundation. The remaining 10% can be deducted on your federal tax return. For 2017-18 the maximum allowable amount a business can claim through EITC is $833,333.

Hover or tap the donation amounts below to see a breakdown of how much you can save in taxes by giving to CCSA Foundation.

What businesses and taxes are eligible?

Businesses authorized to do business in Pennsylvania, who are subject to one or more of the following taxes, may apply for EITC eligibility:

  • Personal Income Tax
  • Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax
  • Corporate Net Income Tax
  • Bank Shares Tax
  • Title Insurance & Trust Company Shares Tax
  • Insurance Premium Tax (excluding surplus lines, unauthorized, domestic/foreign marine)
  • Mutual Thrift Tax
  • Malt Beverage Tax
  • Retaliatory Fees under section 212 of the Insurance Company Law of 1921

Application Deadlines for this year

Returning businesses: apply online beginning May 15.

New to these programs? Apply online beginning July 1.

Apply on July 1

Please note that applications are accepted on a “first come, first served” basis, and EITC in particular runs out of funds quickly, so it is important for new businesses to submit on July 1.

For more information, please read the PA-EITC business application guidelines.

Learn More

How can I apply for EITC?

If your business is interested in contributing to CCSA Foundation through the EITC program, please contact Amy Komarnicki.

Amy can be reached at 610-859-2988 or

CCSA Foundation supports Chester Charter Scholars Academy (CCSA), an arts-integrated, academically rigorous, non-profit public charter school in the Chester Upland School District.

EIN/Tax ID: 20-3297449
Chester Charter Scholars Academy seal logo Chester Charter Scholars Academy prepares children to employ their intellectual and creative powers to enrich their community.

Stay In Touch!